Early Modern Literary Studies 1.3 (December 1995)
- Publishing Information, Journal Availability, Contact Addresses | Editorial Group | Submission Information -
- Evolution and Growth in On-line Resources for Early Modern Literary Studies. .
Raymond G. Siemens, University of British Columbia.
- Article Abstracts / Résumés des Articles.
- Marking his Place: Ben Jonson's Punctuation..
Sara van den Berg, University of Washington, Seattle.
- Protocols of Reading: Milton and Biography. .
J. Michael Vinovich, University of Toronto.
- Shifting Signs: Increase Mather and the Comets of 1680 and 1682. .
Andrew P. Williams, North Carolina Central University.
- Milton and the Sexy Seals: A Peephole into the Horton Years. .
John K. Hale, University of Otago, NZ.
- John Donne. The Variorum Edition of the Poetry of John Donne, Vol 6: The Anniversaries and the Epicedes and Obsequies. Gen. Ed. Gary A. Stringer. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1995. .
Claude J. Summers, University of Michigan, Dearborn.
- Lauren Silberman. Forming Desire: Erotic Knowledge in Books III and IV of The Faerie Queene. Berkeley, Los Angeles, and London: U of California P, 1995. .
David Lindley, University of Leeds.
- Jean H. Hagstrum. Esteem Enlivened by Desire: The Couple from Homer to Shakespeare. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1992. .
Paul G. Stanwood, University of British Columbia.
- Alan C. Dessen. Recovering Shakespeare's Theatrical Vocabulary. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1995. .
W.L. Godshalk, University of Cincinnati.
- Kenneth J. Graham. The Performance of Conviction: Plainness and Rhetoric in the Early English Renaissance. Ithaca and London: Cornell UP, 1994. .
Shannon Murray, University of Prince Edward Island.
- Mindele Anne Treip. Allegorical Poetics and the Epic: The Renaissance Tradition to Paradise Lost. Lexington: UP of Kentucky, 1994. .
C.D. Jago, University of British Columbia.
- David Daniell. William Tyndale: A Biography. New Haven: Yale UP, 1994. .
Romuald I. Lakowski.
- Timothy Raylor. Cavaliers, Clubs, and Literary Culture: Sir John Mennes, James Smith, and the Order of the Fancy. Newark: U of Delaware P, 1994. .
K.E. Patrick, Headington School, Oxford.
- David L. Smith, Richard Strier, and David Bevington eds. The Theatrical City: Culture, Theatre and Politics in London 1576-1649. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1995.
Lawrence Manley. Literature and Culture in Early Modern London. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1995. .
Emma Smith, All Souls College, Oxford.
- Reviewing Information, Books Received for Review, and Forthcoming Reviews.
- Puritan Utopia in Herbert's Poetry: A Response to P.G. Stanwood's Affliction and Flight in Herbert's Poetry. .
Paul Moon, Auckland Institute of Technology.
- Responses to articles, reviews, and notes appearing in this issue that are intended for the Readers' Forum may be sent to the Editor at EMLS@UAlberta.ca.
(RGS, 11 December 1997)