Local evaluation support
Reference groupreference group NDC local evaluations
As part of its commitment to ensuring effective learning from the NDC National Evaluation, the Reference Group was established to enable evaluation officers and others within partnerships to critically engage with the National Evaluation and to provide input on the dissemination of its findings.
Terms of Reference
The group will:
- Provide a forum for discussion of national and local evaluation issues;
- Enable practitioners to inform and influence evaluation priorities and methodologies;
- Provide feedback on proposed outputs of the National Evaluation;
- Advise on the selection of issues for case studies and cross-cutting studies;
- Inform other NDCs on how they can best use the findings of the National Evaluation and data that is being collected;
- Provide context and narrative for the National Evaluation – the NET is unable to look at all partnerships in detail;
- Inform ways findings/outputs are disseminated by the evaluation team and the NRU – understanding different audiences and how to communicate with them;
- Disseminate evaluation messages – inside and outside NDCs; among other evaluation officers;
- Inform the choice of policy areas to study – RG members can bring understanding of the relevance of timing evaluation outputs and how studies will be received/used by NDCs; could be 4-6 areas that NDCs doing worst on, which would have most useful lessons;
- Identify local evaluations that can contribute to NE, particularly policy studies;
- Help the NET make decisions on particular issues – e.g. evaluating VFM.
The group will meet three times per year and communicate between meetings.
The group’s activities will be communicated to other NDCs and stakeholders via the National Evaluation’s quarterly newsletter, its website, and the programme of learning and dissemination events. Other means may also be identified.We have already received some names for the reference group, but if you would like more information or to get involved, please contact Jamie Robinson by telephone on 020 7756 7607 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Burngreave New Deal for Communities (Sheffield)
Tel: 0114 292 0458
All Saints and Blakenhall Community Development Partnership