In this issue
- Back to the future: understanding and responding to alcohol use in Liverpool
by Martin Whiteford and Paula Byrne
- Fostering inter-cultural dialogue – visionary intentions and the realities of a dedicated public space
by Ronan Paddison, Marilyn Keenan and Sophie Bond
- Trust and participation in urban regeneration
by Dominic Aitken
- Everyday consumption practices as a site for activism? Exploring the motivations of grassroots reuse groups
by Mike Foden
- Book Review: End This Depression Now!
by Steve Fothergill
- Book Review: Climate Change and Society
by Will Eadson
Book Review: End This Depression Now!
Steve Fothergill examines counter-arguments to current austerity policies in his review of End This Depression Now! by the distinguished US economist Paul Krugman. He concludes that, while his proposed solution to the economic crisis deserves attention, it would do little to address one of the chief underlying factors inhibiting the US and the UK: their huge and widening trade deficits with the rest of the world.