In this issue
- Back to the future: understanding and responding to alcohol use in Liverpool
by Martin Whiteford and Paula Byrne
- Fostering inter-cultural dialogue – visionary intentions and the realities of a dedicated public space
by Ronan Paddison, Marilyn Keenan and Sophie Bond
- Trust and participation in urban regeneration
by Dominic Aitken
- Everyday consumption practices as a site for activism? Exploring the motivations of grassroots reuse groups
by Mike Foden
- Book Review: End This Depression Now!
by Steve Fothergill
- Book Review: Climate Change and Society
by Will Eadson
Book Review: Climate Change and Society
Will Eadson shines a spotlight on John Urry's exploration of the perspectives and insights that sociology can bring to the debate over climate change and the transition to a low carbon economy in Climate Change and Society, and concludes that, in spite of some shortcomings, this accessible text promises "a gentle read before bed rather than with furrowed brow in the library".