HEPP offer free bespoke professional development and training on supporting learner progression to higher education
For teachers and advisers
Continuing professional development - bespoke
From the school or college perspective, undertaking professional development will
- count towards the requirement for professional updating of staff
- assist schools in their statutory responsibility to deliver impartial and independent careers information, advice and guidance
- improve the likelihood of positive progression outcomes for students.
HEPP offer bespoke school and college training sessions where
- materials are provided for all activities
- all sessions can be tailored for your organisation
- all sessions can be combined into longer training events if required
- some of the activities can be adjusted for use with groups of students
Our sessions normally take approximately 40 minutes including time for Q&A. Sessions available include
1. Options in higher education
An overview of all options available at level 4 and above. This covers university options including Russell Group, highly selective courses, HE in FE, higher level vocational training and apprenticeships.
2. The UCAS process from start to finish
A 'walk through' of the UCAS process pointing out the important issues and possible pitfalls and highlighting the role of the tutor/adviser in supporting students.
3. The UCAS Timeline
A suggested calendar of activity for students in Y12/13 and advice on developing an institutional programme for tutorials.
4. Reference writing for higher education
How to construct a reference, what the key points to include are and how to deal with references for a range of students from those targeting top universities to the more 'difficult' references..
5. What makes a good personal statement?
Hints and tips on what universities look for, and information on what is needed for particular courses, including work experience - what counts and where to look.
6. Student finance
An update on the key messages about student finance for students and parents.
To find out more or to request training, please contact us.
A Madrid university allegedly granted fake law diplomas to hundreds of Italian...
Students from London will become a 'hyper-diverse' population in the next...
Graduates and older students offer their top tips for starting at...